Greenhouse Gases (GHG) emissions in Earth's atmosphere are known as "carbon footprint". They have bad impacts on the environment. On the other hand, good ideas have been brought to diminish the harm. One of them is surely the carbon credits. Read more.
GHG emissions have various sources, like deforestation, plastic pollution, food chain production, and so on. Luckily, the carbon credits system was invented.
The Greenhouse Gases (GGH) are:
A company can do its part by following these procedures:
- Give priority to partners and suppliers who have environmental responsibility in their processes.
- To promote campaigns for the reduction of disposable items, both inside and outside the company.
- Rethinking the production process, adopting measures that reduce the consumption of inputs and resources such as water and energy.
- Raise awareness among the teams about the importance of following the recommendations for saving natural resources and raw materials.
- Creating programs to reduce the use of automobiles, with plans for collaborative rides
- Installation of bicycle racks, showers, and changing rooms for employees who use bicycles as a means of transportation.
- Buying carbon credits as well as motivating employees to do the same if they can afford it.
How do carbon credits work?
It doesn't matter size or segment, any company can buy carbon credits!
Carbon credits are measurable and verifiable emissions, i.e. a permit that allows a company or person to produce a certain amount of carbon emissions and can be traded if the full allowance is not used.
CC is managed by qualified and reliable platforms.
When a carbon credit is bought it is instantaneously created a bond between both companies. For example, a company buys several carbon credits and hence neutralizes CO2 emissions from other companies. In other words, the carbon credits are calculated upon the carbon footprint rate of a particular company.
Before the credit is issued, the platform is set up so it can verify the suitability of the investing company. See this example:
Company X produces 5 tons of carbon and wishes to zero its GHG emissions.
Company Y buys 5 carbon credits (1 credit equals 1 ton of carbon emitted).
Carbon credits can reduce the level of deforestations
You also can help to reduce your carbon footprint. Just follow these procedures:
Plan your shoppings
The practice of conscious consumerism demonstrates pure intelligence. Buying by impulse is not a good deal at all. So the best call is to make a shop list before going out. See what you are missing only.
Avoid plastic bags
Plastic bags are being replaced by other ways of carrying your groceries. How about choosing those tote bags made of recycled material?
Choose clean energies
Reuse your cooking oil
After cooking for a while with the same oil, do not get rid of it. They can be reused, by recycling and transformed into a useful cleaning product.
No processed food
Once upon a time, processed food was useful for people who would be in a hurry. The "Slow Movement" has put an end to this trend. This kind of food requires unethical methods that turn into junkie food. Not to mention animal cruelty. Red meat is not a good deal either.
Grow your own food or get to know its origin
Like the old days when you knew the food's origins, the best way is to choose organic food or even planting your own. Your health and the environment thank you.
Zero food waste
Throwing food away is not a nice move. Food waste has a huge impact on the environment due to its gas emissions. So turn your leftovers into fertilizer by composting them.
No for non-organic beauty products
If you use cosmetics without checking the label, you are committing a serious mistake. The product may be made by testing animals. No way! So choose only non-organic or natural cosmetics.